The JustBoom Amp is a high quality audio amplifier as a standalone solution or together with the JustBoom DAC HAT.
usually dispatched within 24 hours (2 In stock)
The JustBoom Amp comes with an amplified stereo output and an 2x55W peak output. It impresses with its diverse fields of application. What makes it special is the possibility to use the Amp as an single amplifier, but it can also be stuck on top of the DAC or DAC HAT. The needed screws and spacers are included within the delivery scope.
The Amp requires a 2.1mm power supply with 8-24V for optimal usage. If the Amp is used together with the DAC Hat, one power supply can power alll three components: the Amp, the DAC HAT and the Raspberry Pi as well. We recommend using this power supply.
At a glance:
- No soldering required
- Easy to install and to use with Max2Play justboom plugin
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+,B+, 2B and 3B
- Compatible with DAC HAT and DAC HAT Case
- Stereo amplified 2 x 55 Watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 Watt RMS)
- Plug and play compatibility for ease of use – just connect to your passive speakers
- Onboard, hardware jumpers for configuring output voltage and gain settings
- Can be used as a standalone device
- When stacked on the JustBoom DAC it can backpower the DAC board, and when stacked on the JustBoom DAC HAT it can backpower both the DAC HAT and the Raspberry Pi
- Mounting hardware included
- Full high-quality audio – 192kHz / 24bit
- 2 x 55 Watt peak output at 8 ohms (2 x 30 Watt RMS)
- Texas Instruments TPA3118D2DAP Class-D amplifier chip with maximum power output of 2 x 55 W
- Advanced ESD protection
- On the JustBoom Amp there are five line input connections
- The JustBoom Amp is designed with a 2.1mm DC jack power input which can accept an 8 to 24 Volt power supply
- Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) of 0.1 % at 25 W, 1 kHz, 21V. Signal to noise ratio (SNR) of 102 dB A-Wtd (Ref. to THD+N < 1%, f = 1 kHz, Gain = 20 dB)
- Fully configurable onboard jumpers to adjust gain (20dB, 26dB, 32dB, 36dB) and output voltage (14V and 21V)
- Dimensions (LWH): 65mm * 59mm * 13mm
- Weight: 0.035kg
- JustBoom Amp HAT
- 4 Spacers and 4 Screws
By purchasing this product, you receive an additional copy of the Max2Play Premium Testlicense (3-month period). You can find more information about the features of the premium license here.
Plug & Play with Max2Play
Max2Play offers a browser-based administration interface for Raspberry Pi on a Linux basis. With Max2Play, applications (Max2Play extensions) can be installed and administrated on a minicomputer without any Linux knowledge. The controls can be accessed via smartphone, tablet or computer, without connecting a mouse or keyboard to the minicomputer. There is a special JustBoom Plugin available.
|KHz/ Bitrate||44,1KHz/ 48 KHz/ 192KHz, 24 Bit|
|Output||screw joint Stereo (2.0)|
|Output power (RMS)||2 x 30W (@ 8 Ω)|
|Clock generator||own clockgenerator|
|dedicated Connection for infrared receiver||-|
|dedicated connection for rotary encoder||-|
|Hardware features||220 VFP 6R3, HA4158-EL Coilcraft 1636 D, TPS54331 DC-DC-Converter, 2x B240A Schottky diodes|
|ALSA controls for soundcard (driver)||Volume, Analogue playback Boost|
|Max2Play software features||Justboom Plugin, Webcontrol for ALSA-driver|
|Power supply||5.5/2.1mm DC Jack / screw joint (8-24V) (doesen't power RPI !)|
|PDF Data Manufacturer||-|