Allo Boss 2 Player (4 GB) incl. Raspberry Pi 4 (4 GB) and Steel case
The Allo BOSS 2 Player is a high-end DAC with RCA outputs. The BOSS 2 Player comes with a Raspberry Pi 4 in a metal case with OLED display and remote control. The BOSS 2 is the successor of the successful BOSS DACs.
usually dispatched within 24 hours (>9 In stock)
Allo BOSS 2 Player (4 GB)
Komplett mit Pi 4 with 4 GB RAM, Display, Gehäuse und Fernbedienung
The BOSS 2 is the successor of the successful Allo BOSS DAC. Allo skillfully improves the sound quality of the already very good predecessor. New is the design of the BOSS 2 as Player. The BOSS 2 Player is delivered with all major components fully assembled.
The BOSS 2 Player contains:
- BOSS 2 DAC
- Raspberry Pi 4 with 4 GB RAM
- Metal enclosure
- OLED display
- Remote control
Only an SD card with the operating system and a 5V power supply (3A or higher) with USB-C port are needed for a successful start.
The robust housing is made of metal. Integrated is a two-line OLED display, which is easy to read and has a balanced brightness.
A major innovation of the BOSS 2 is the sound chip used. In the BOSS 2, the Cirrus Logic DAC CS43198 (192 kHz/ 32 bit) now sets the tone. As with its predecessor, emphasis is also placed on high-quality power supply. In the BOSS 2, more than 30 LDOs, 2 Super Caps and quite a few filters are installed for the optimal regulation of the voltage.
Two modes are available for the power supply. In the Single PSU mode, the factory setting, are supplied with a power supply Pi and DAC. Dual PSU mode, on the other hand, uses two separate power sources. Dual PSU mode is activated via a jumper.
The sound image is very clear and balanced with a pleasant tendency to warmth. The listening impression is also confirmed by the impressive measured values.
The sound settings can be controlled via the remote control or the small joystick on the front of the housing. The remote control also has a separate mute button.
- UP/Down Volume
- LEFT/RIGHT Navigation menu
- CENTRE MUTE/UNMUTE or OK within the menu
The BOSS 2 can be customized in detail to your own sound needs in its menu:
- HV-EN High Voltate Output. Increases the output voltage from 1.7 Vrms from 2.0 Vrms for a more powerful signal .
- FILTER: PHCOMP phase correction, HP-FIL high pass filter, DE-EMP de-emphasis, NON-OS disables oversampling, F-SPEED slope of filter .
At a glance:
- DAC CS43198 (192 kHz/ 32 bit)
- Sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz
- Selectable DAC Output Level (1.7 Vrms or 2.0 Vrms)
- Stereo RCA outputs
- Sound settings can be controlled via joystick knob next to display or remote control
- Selectable filter properties
- High precision clock
- Single PSU mode (default): a common 5V / 3A power supply for Pi and DAC
Dual PSU mode (by jumper): separate power supply for Pi (USB-C) and DAC (5V, 250mA)
- Color: silver
Scope of delivery
- Allo Boss 2 Player with Raspberry Pi 4 in metal case with OLED display .
- Remote control (requires 2 AAA batteries, batteries are not included .
Boss 2 Player with Max2Play
Max2Play provides a browser-based administration interface for Linux-based Raspberry Pi. With Max2Play, applications (Max2Play extensions) can be installed and administered on a Raspberry Pi without any special Linux knowledge. This can be controlled via smartphone, tablet or computer, so without connecting a mouse and keyboard. There is a special Allo plugin available.
|delivery time||2-3 Tage|
|Output power (RMS)||-|
|dedicated Connection for infrared receiver||-|
|dedicated connection for rotary encoder||-|
|ALSA controls for soundcard (driver)||-|
|Max2Play software features||-|
|PDF Data Manufacturer||-|