usually dispatched within 24 hours (>10 In stock)
The new generation of the HiFiBerry amplifier for high-end stereo sound with up to 60W output power.
The HiFiBerry AMP3 is an amplifier for the Raspberry Pi. With this amplifier you can connect your passive speakers directly.
We therefore recommend the AMP3 to all customers who want to use a high-end solution for multi-room audio installations. The Max2Play image fully supports the AMP3.
- Improved version of the popular AMP2 design
- Possibility for sound optimisation with the HiFiBerry DSP Add-on Board
- HD audio with sample rates up to 192kHz at 16-32bit
- Digital to analogue converter included - no external DAC required
- Up to 60W output power when using stereo
- Compatible with practically all passive speakers around 4-8 ohm impedance
- Improved power supply for both Raspberry Pi and other connected devices
- Higher voltage supported from 8 up to 24 volts, also supplies the Raspberry Pi and other periphery
- For 4 ohm speakers, a 12V-20V power supply is recommended, for 8 ohm speakers 18-20V
- Just one power supply required for both boards - attention! Power supply not included in the scope of delivery
- Works with Raspberry Pi 2, 3 and 4
- Spacers included for direct mounting on the Raspberry Pi - no soldering or additional cables required
Attention! The HiFiBerry AMP3 requires a separate, specific power supply which is available in the Max2Play Shop as well.
Plug & Play with Max2Play
Max2Play offers a browser-based administration interface for Raspberry Pi on a Linux basis. With Max2Play, applications (Max2Play extensions) can be installed and administrated on a minicomputer without any Linux knowledge. The controls can be accessed via smartphone, tablet or computer, without connecting a mouse or keyboard to the minicomputer.
The Max2Play image has been optimized for the HiFiBerry sound cards and can be set up easily. It ensures the best support of the HiFiBerry AMP3 and Raspberry Pi combination. The HiFiBerry AMP3 can easily be installed with the help of a Max2Play extension. The extension installs all necessary kernel drivers. After activating the sound card, it can be used by the audio players (e.g. Squeezelite) for sound output. The volume settings are then automatically set to the optimal levels. More information about those extensions can be found here.
- HiFiBerry AMP3
- 4 spacers M2,5x12mm
By purchasing this product, you receive an additional copy of the Max2Play Premium Testlicense (3-month period). You can find more information about the features of the premium license here.
|delivery time||2-3 Tage|
|KHz/ Bitrate||44,1KHz/ 48 KHz/ 192KHz, 32 Bit|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||>101 dB|
|Output||Screw joint Stereo (2.0)|
|Output power (RMS)||2 x 30W (@ 4-8 Ω)|
|Additional connections||GPIO Pins, DSP Add-on Board|
|dedicated Connection for infrared receiver||-|
|dedicated connection for rotary encoder||-|
|Hardware features||Includes TPS54232 DC-DC-Converter, 6.8µH inductors, Rubycon 35V 220µF filter capacitors|
|ALSA controls for soundcard (driver)||Volume Control, Analogue Playback Boost|
|Max2Play software features||HiFiBerry Plugin, Webinterface for ALSA control|
|Power supply||5.5/2.1mm DC jack/ screw joint (8-24V)|
|PDF Data Manufacturer||-|