Allo Kali I2S Reclocker
The Reclocker Kali enhances the audio signal with his crystal. This crystal is responsible for the transformation of the digital signal into an analogue one. This way, the Reclocker can feed the DAC with music without any fluctuation and prevents the quality loss of high-end audio files through the SBC.
Note that the Kali needs to be powered by 5V (cannot be powered by SBC), but in this way, it can power the SBC and the DAC aswell. The Allo Kali I2S Reclocker is compatible with DACs, that work in slave mode, such as the Allo Piano 2.1 Hi-Fi DAC and the Allo Hi-Fi DAC.
- The basic design includes FPGA based FIFO board
- I2S input: 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176.4 KHz, 192 KHz – 16bit, 24bit or 32bit
- I2S output: 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176.4 KHz, 192 KHz – 16bit, 24bit or 32bit
- FIFO Memory: 4MB SRAM
- Can be use with external Crystal Oscillators for MCLK or upgraded to a higher quality, multi-frequency clock that comes with automatic Fs switching and better performance
- LED indicators (Power, Full, Lock, Empty, Sample Rate, Mclk)
- DC power supply: (5V/3A) with Filter circuits
- Multi-frequency output capability to support the full I2S working range from 44.1 KHz to 196 K
- Automatically switching frequencies according to the input I2S signals
- Extremely fast and very low propagation delay Flip-Flops are added on I2s signals output from FPGA, for synchronization with MCLK before sending to DAC
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration (with write-protection)
- Board size (LWH): 58mm * 77.54mm * 23.8mm
- Allo Kali I2S Reclocker
By purchasing this product, you receive an additional copy of the Max2Play Premium Testlicense (3-month period). You can find more information about the features of the premium license here.
Plug & Play with Max2Play
Max2Play offers a browser-based administration interface for Raspberry Pi on a Linux basis. With Max2Play, applications (Max2Play extensions) can be installed and administrated on a mini-computer without any Linux knowledge. The controls can be accessed via smartphone, tablet or computer, without connecting a mouse or keyboard to the mini-computer.
The Max2Play image has been optimized for the Allo Kali board and can be set up easily. It ensures the best support of the Kali Reclocker and Raspberry Pi combination. The Allo Kali Reclocker can also easily be installed with the help of a Max2Play extension. The extension installs all necessary kernel drivers. After activating the sound card, it can be used by the audio players (e.g. Squeezelite or MPD) for sound output. The volume settings are then automatically set to the optimal levels.